Terms of Trade or terms and conditions – it doesn’t matter what you call them, you cannot operate your trade business without them.
Our virtual assistant will ask you for some key information about your business to assist us to prepare your completely customised terms of trade. Once completed, book your online lawyer consultation so we can customise and finalise your agreement.
WHO IS IT FOR?
Tradies of all types with the exception of those who do carry out the following work:
– work where the price is not fixed;
– work where the price is dependant on provision sums or prime cost items;
– cost plus contracts, home builders, construction management work and commercial work;
– where retentions are involved; or
– where the work is carried out for a head contractor.
We offer both a standard terms of trade (for non QBCC trades and work) and a basic QBCC compliant contract.
If you fall into any of the above categories, please contact us for information on a more comprehensive contract.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Payment terms (including whether you require an upfront deposit or deal in progress payments);
- Cancellation provisions;
- Provisions for ‘do and charge work’;
- Provisions for warranties and liabilities;
- The right to repossess goods where the customer has not paid;
- No obligation to remedy defects if not notified in a defined period of time;
- No fault clauses where delays arise (e.g. from rain events);
- Interest on outstanding payments; and
- A whole lot more plus anything else you would like specifically covered!
An information sheet explaining how each clause works and how and when to use your terms of trade is also included.