Buying a business is an exciting time and being a business owner can come with many benefits. Buying a business is however, a big decision and it is important to have an experienced lawyer by your side.
The Small Business Lawyer can assist you with all stages of the transaction.
- Pre-contractual negotiations.
- Drafting (if required), reviewing and providing advice on Contract of Sale.
- Undertaking searches and due diligence enquiries (including PPSR searches);
- Attendances with the seller’s solicitor, the agent and your mortgagee (if any).
- Reviewing and providing advice on the Lease (if any).
- Corresponding with the Lessor to arrange a new/assignment of the Lease.
- If applicable, provide advice pursuant to the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994.
- Reviewing and providing advice on the Franchise Agreement (if any).
- Preparing a settlement statement.
- Making sure all of the assets of the business (including the business name, domain names and trade marks) are transferred to you at settlement, with clear title.
- Arranging and attending settlement and
- Any other steps generally required to effect the conveyance of the business and associated documentation.