Selling a business can be complicated and an experienced lawyer will ensure that you navigate every step of the way as smoothly as possible.
The Small Business Lawyer will provide you with expert advice in relation to the sale of your business from pre-contractual negotiations, right through to settlement.
- Pre-contractual negotiations.
- Drafting (if required), reviewing and providing advice on Contract of Sale.
- Undertaking searches and other enquiries (including PPSR searches, company searches, business name searches and trade mark searches).
- Attendances with the buyer’s solicitor, the agent and your mortgagee (if any).
- Corresponding with the Lessor to arrange an assignment of the Lease or a new Lease and Deed of Surrender of Lease (if applicable).
- If applicable, provide advice and prepare documentation pursuant to the Retail Shop Leases Act 1994.
- Providing advice under your Franchise Agreement (if any).
- Preparing a settlement statement.
- Making sure all of the assets of the business (including the business name, domain names and trade marks) are transferred to the buyer at settlement, with clear title.
- Arranging and attending settlement and
- Any other steps generally required to effect the conveyance of the business and associated documentation.